Terms and Conditions
This website is controlled by Charisma Social Ltd.
About the terms
Access to and use of www.charismasocial.co.nz (the “Website”) is provided by Charisma Social Ltd on the following terms:
- By using the Website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to the Website.
- Charisma Social Ltd may change these terms from time to time. You should check these terms regularly for the latest version. Your continued use of the Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Website then the latter shall prevail.
Use of the Website
You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
By registering a donation on the Website and accepting those terms you represent that you can form a legally binding contract and you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement.
All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) relating to the Website and all content (including all applications) located on the Website shall remain vested in Charisma Social Ltd or its licensors. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content on the Website except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Website content requires the prior written permission of Charisma Social Ltd. The names, images and logos identifying Charisma Social Ltd or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Charisma Social Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any intellectual property rights including but limited to trade marks, design right or copyright of Charisma Social Ltd or any other third party.
Contributions to the Website
By sharing any contribution (including any information, text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) on the Website you agree to grant to Charisma Social Ltd free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants including:
- modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons;
- in relation to Charisma Social Ltd services in any media worldwide; and
- on the Website which is accessed by international users.
In certain circumstance Charisma Social Ltd may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share on the Website.
If you do not want to grant Charisma Social Ltd the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on the Website.
You agree to use the Website in accordance with the following rules.
(i) About your contributions (comments, posts, texts etc)
Your contributions to the Website must:
- be legal. This means that you may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material, promote an illegal act or violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Charisma Social Ltd or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- be civil and tasteful.
- not be disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour
- be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- not contain unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- not include spamming or off-topic material. We do not allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times.
- not include advertising or promotional material.
- not include impersonations of other people.
- not include inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
(ii) Your Account
You are only permitted to register one account on the Website.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
Charisma Social Ltd reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or attempts to disrupt any of its services in any way.
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
You acknowledge that any contribution on the Website is potentially available to any internet user. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified). You must keep your login details secure at all times.
Charisma Social Ltd reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account holder (including suspending or removing an account holder from the Website), at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Charisma Social Ltd is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the Website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Website.
Any links to third party websites from the Website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Charisma Social Ltd and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
The Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Animal Connection, its services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
To the extent permitted by law, Charisma Social Ltd excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Charisma Social Ltd does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the Website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Charisma Social Ltd is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Charisma Social Ltd for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Website.
Charisma Social Ltd shall not be liable for any loss suffered by you, whatsoever whether arising as a result of your use of the Website or any acts or omissions of Charisma Social Ltd or a third party.
Charisma Social Ltd does not warrant that functions available on the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The failure or delay of Charisma Social Ltd to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the right to enforce that right.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.